For the benefit of the world, for Earth, for the global economy, peace and harmony, and good health of all sentient beings throughout space, I will be doing a mini-monlam 3 again. Tomorrow would be the first Dakini day of 2012, so I thought it would be good to begin tomorrow. Dear readers of this blog would know that I am prone to sudden urges to do such mini-monlams. If you are reading this, I invite you to do a mini monlam with me. The format is thus:
1. Recite any prayer, mantra, Buddha name, spiritual practice (including meditation) etc. that you like best and feel closest to… for me, since tomorrow is Dakini day and I have been doing Tara mini monlams all along, so I will pledge 10,000 Tara mantras for the benefit of all beings…
2. Do it for a specified number of repetition. The number should be abit challenging for you, but should not be too challenging that you feel extremely stressed to do it. You should set yourself a time frame to finish it.
3. At the conclusion of each session, dedicate it for Universal Liberation of all Beings, Global Peace, No disasters, Well-being of global economy, etc. as you can think of.
4. This practice should be on top of (or additional to ) what you practice daily already. This is to put a level of sincerity and exertion in it.
5. You simply join your palms at your heart and face this image shown below of a holy Vajrasattva Stupa (near Lhasa), adjust your motivation to Bodhichitta, and, from your heart, make your commitment specifically and then it’s done!
There is no need to report your commitment to me. Buddhas and Bodhisattvas know your commitment automatically, just do it from your heart and we are on our way.
May the positive group momentum from this mini-monlam, the power of the prayers, the strength of all the good-will and dedications, and the blessings of the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas we invoke be completely dedicated to the ultimate liberation of all beings from all forms of sufferings and delusions.